Are you planning an event to help raise money for the British Thyroid Foundation? Email us to let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org Don't forget to send us some pictures and let us know how you got on!
- Jamie Hadwin will be completing in the Bournemouth Marathon on 7 October 2018. Jamie would like to raise awareness of thyroid disorders after being diagnosed with Greaves' disease in 2015. To donate please visit his JustGiving page.
- Rosie Roarty along with a group of friends; Jason Brown, Siobhan Feasey Louise Barnett, Toby Gowan, and Andrew Duncan will all be walking the Yorkshire Three Peaks on 25 August 2018. They plan to walk the three sizeable hills in less than 12 hours. Rosie has Grave’s disease and Thyroid Eye Disease since 2016 and recently under gone a thyroidectomy. Rosie decided that she would like to give something back to the BTF and also raise awareness for thyroid disorders. To donate please visit their JustGiving page.
- Simon Owneson will be taking part in the DRAM Dundee Runners Adventure Marathon on the 15 July 2018. Simon is taking part in the marathon on behalf of his daughter who has Congenital Hypothyroidism. To donate please go to his JustGiving page.
- Karen Stevens will be taking part in the Virgin Sport British 10k London Run on 15 July 2018. Karen would like to raise awreness of Graves' disease after having a thyroidectomy three years ago. If you would like to support Karen please go to her MyDonate page.
- Gemma Sheppard will be running in the Great East Run on 16 September 2018. Gemma decided to take part because she wanted to show her daughters that you could achieve anything when you put your mind to it. To support Gemma please visit her Justgiving page.
- Ben Hardman will be taking part in the Tough Mudder North West on 9 September 2018. Ben is taking on this challenge for his wife who was diagnosed with a thyroid disorder. To donate please go to his JustGiving page.
- Angela Court-Johnston and her daughter, Esme are running in the SimplyHealth Great North Run 2018 to help raise both funds and awareness for BTF.If you would like to donate, please visit their BT MyDonate page.
- Andi Robinson is running in the SimplyHealth Great North Run 2018 to help raise both funds and awareness for BTF
- Joe Straw, BTF trustee, is raising awareness about thyroid disease, and how it can affect children, by setting himself an amazing year of challenges. During 2018 he will complete Joe's Five@25 and do a skydive, the Yorkshire Three Peaks (in under six hours), a triathlon, a bunjee jump and a half marathon to Mam Tor. To find out more about Joe and his challenges, and to donate to his fundraising please visit his JustGiving page.
Martha Jeffrey is running in the SimplyHealth Great North Run 2018 on behalf of the BTF. If you would like to donate please go to her BT MyDonate page.
Set up your own fundraising page at BT MyDonate
You can support recent fundraisers or setup a fundraising page of your own on the BTF's JustGiving page.